A couple of months ago I started to crave curry like crazy. I don’t know why it happened, but it did. We didn’t even have curry at home at that time. But I couldn’t stop thinking about it so I started to create new recipes in my head. When I had finally bought some curry spices I decided to make a lentil stew, season it with curry and serve it with rice and broccoli. We had some red bell peppers at home so I decided to toss that into the mix as well. I don’t want to brag, but this dish turned out so good that we ate it three times that week.
Since then, we’ve eaten curry lentil stew with rice at least once a week and it has become one of our favorite weekday dinners. It has taken me quite some time to photograph it, but on the other hand I’ve had a lot of time to perfect the recipe during this time. So, if you like curry, I hope you’ll love this recipe!
Lentil curry with rice
3 dl uncooked red lentils
1 yellow onion
1-2 cloves garlic
1 red bell pepper
250 ml oat cream (or similar)
2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp paprika powder
1/2 tsp cumin
2 servings of brown rice
vegetables of your choice (broccoli is real good with this dish!)
- Cook the lentils according to the instructions on the package (usually 10-15 minutes). Rinse and set aside. Also cook the rice according to the instructions on the package.
- Finely chop the yellow onion, garlic, and bell pepper.
- Heat up some olive oil in a frying pan and fry the onion, garlic and bell pepper until soft.
- Add lentils, oat cream and spices to the pan and let cook for 5-10 minutes over low/medium heat.
- Serve the lentil stew with rice and naan bread, and vegetables of your choice.
Lämna ett svar